Join us and enjoy a range of benefits. Membership enables us to continue our important work and brings people together to exchange ideas, experience and expertise. Membership is open to anyone who shares our mission, vision and values.
The A-law Team
Share our vision for animals? Become a member…
and enjoy a range of benefits, whilst helping to support our work for animals.
Membership is open to everyone!
As an A-LAW member, you will receive:
- Subscription to The UK Journal of Animal Law;
- Free or reduced-price entry for many A-LAW events and seminars;
- Regular updates about animal law news and events;
- Opportunities (where available) to volunteer and use your legal skills to help animals;
- Become part of a growing movement concerned with improving legal protections for animals; and,
- Opportunity to attend and participate in Trustee meetings.
Our annual Membership fees are:
- Full Membership – £35 / year
- Concessionary Membership (students, retirees, unwaged) – £10 / year
- Micro Organisational Membership (<5 employees) – £40 / year
- Organisational Membership (>5 employees) – £100 / year
How can A-LAW members help?
Members can help with drafting responses to Government consultations, assisting with enquiries from members of the public/animal welfare groups, contributing to training and other A-LAW projects and by submitting articles to the UK Journal of Animal Law.
Apart from animal protection law itself, expertise in many other areas is welcome – for example, public law, civil liberties, environmental health, planning law, freedom of information, civil litigation, media law, company law and charity law. In addition, lawyers have well-developed general skills such as advocacy and drafting which are useful to us in many ways.