I am contemplating bringing legal action against a veterinary surgeon

Can CAL provide details of a solicitor?

Unfortunately, ALAW cannot help with individual cases. It is important that legal advice is sought from a specialist in this area of law. Details may be obtained from the Law Society of England and Wales or the Law Society of Scotland. Details for both are below.

Before considering bringing a claim it is worthwhile considering making a complaint to the service provider to see if the complaint can be resolved. If there are professional conduct issues you can bring these to the attention of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS). This is the best way of trying to ensure that lessons are learnt for the benefit of animal welfare.


We rely upon membership income and donations. Please join us or donate and support our work.